Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes
- The student will have observed the assessment of a trauma victim and be able to describe a systematic prioritized approach, be aware of life-threatening conditions and actions that may be required immediately to stabilise the patient.
- Be able to recognise and know how to manage hypovolaemic shock.
- Know the principles of anaesthesia in the presence of head injury and major trauma.
- Know the initial management of cervical spine injury and be able to provide cervical spine immobilisation.
- Be aware of trauma systems and the link between prehospital care and trauma centres and trauma units